Thursday, April 10, 2008
Poor Savannah! She developed a terrible cough 2 nights ago and has a very bad cold, sore throat, and now an insane rash from the virus (we took her to the pedi this morning). My poor little one can't sleep without being propped up so Jared slept with her in his arms in the comfy chair for a bit last night then finally settled her on Emma's play Elmo couch propped up with a couch pillow.
She was pretty funny at around 4am, though! With a fever and juts not feeling well she was acting almost delusional (okay, that sounds worse than it is, I swear!) and humming to herself and babbling and looking around so sleepily...it was so cute and funny that I didn't mind being up with a sick baby.

Jared took the day off so he's outside with Emma soaking in the sunshine. We've declared today 'National Happy Day' because we're fighting so much stress that we just have to smile and laugh it all away. (He quit his good paying job, we lost health insurance and are having to go all out to get it back, we're struggling financially until he's started getting paid from this new temp job, the girls are both sick, etc.). It's funny; when I type that all out I would think that we'd be more stressed out! But I think we've both reached a point where we can step back, realize that there is more to life than money, and thank God that we are all (relatively!) healthy and happy. Everything works out the way it should. I'm a firm believer in karma and I know we are good, kind people who help others, and that that kind of energy comes back to you.

Life is good! We have a beautiful new townhome, all the clothes and food we need, two decently running cars, a plethora of family and friends who love us, and most importantly, each other.

Posted by Kier at 11:38 AM |

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Oh my gosh - I LOVE YOUR PAGE! It looks wonderful and yummy all at the same time.

Does it ever seem like stressful things come in waves? For me, it almost always seems to happen at once. That is the worst.

Hope things lighten up soon and she is feeling better!
 


At 10:09 AM, Blogger Kier said........
Thanks, Sara! I love this new layout, too! So cheery, huh? I heart cupcakes in a BIG way, especially mini ones. =)