Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Two of my best friends are pregnant at the same time I am now; one is due a week after me and one just found out a few days ago (surprise!). I am thrilled that we get to go through this together. Our three children (Emma, Zellie & Joshua) are best friends and have spent almost a year growing up together. It's been a wonderful blessing to have them in our lives.

So why on earth do I feel jealous when I think of how easy it was for both of them to conceive their children? I feel like a freak even saying that because - duh - Savannah was a complete surprise (described as an "oops" by certain family members of mine). Yet Emma took 18 months of trying, failing, praying, losing all faith, doctor visits, charting, temping, meds, and finally...our precious girl.

Strange that I'm not completely over that pain yet. I feel like I should be, and for the most part I am. I've acknowledged it, dealt with it, put it aside and moved on. But sometimes when I think of how easy it was with Savannah and with my friends children I just feel awful remembering.

And let me interrupt this mood-fest with an "owww". These braxton hicks are really picking up in the last few weeks.

But truly, I couldn't be happier.

Alright, now on to BED. And hopefully an entire night of no throwing up!

Posted by Kier at 11:24 PM |

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger KMB25 said........
Eewwww...I hate the stomach flu...I hope you feel better soon! And yesh...tuesday was way better than yesterday!

I wish I knew the right thing to say about the whole pregnancy thing. We haven't yet experienced all of that yet (and most likely it won't happen for us for at least a few years..) but I can understand and empathize with the jealousy/envy part. I see a lot of my friends having babies...and sometimes I really wish we were having one too! (although then I think about how I still really like to sleep in...so maybe I'm not quite ready yet!)

And of course...I really like being an "Aunt Kimmie"...hehe...I get to spoil all the babies and get them really fun toys that make lots of noise!! Hang in there--and get better soon!