Thursday, January 11, 2007
I decided to go ahead and make a baby registry today because I'm sure our enthusiastic families and friends will be asking what they can get for the new one (it's here if you want to check out the big bunch o'bedding I can't make a decision about - opinions please! We're registry #36201573). https://www.toysrus.com/ControllerServlet#reg_gg_find_registry

It's strange, though, doing this registry. I know we won't be having a baby shower this time, because as an older relative put it "It's just tacky". Hmm....I didn't think so, but who am I to argue with that? A few family members have said they think we'll have one, so we'll see. But the bigger dilemma I'm having today is what the heck to even register for? What in the world are we having, anyway? (Yeah, a baby, thanks, I know!). I don't even know where we'll end up living in a few months so I can't plan on whether we'll have an extra room for the new babe or if the two scrunchkins will be sharing a room. At least I know that the baby will be in our room for the first 6 months the way Emma was. This time, we'll use a co-sleeper attached to the bed so I don't have any terrifying "WHERE'S THE BABY? UNDER THE COVERS? DID I FALL ASLEEP WITH HER IN MY ARMS? IS SHE UNDER JARED? IS SHE SUFFOCATING? OH GOD OH GOD!!!!!!!" moments like last time. I nursed Emma so often in the middle of the night that I'd wake up sweating bullets, patting myself down and thinking I'd fallen asleep with Em on my boob and that she'd somehow gotten to the end of the bed and we were kicking/suffocating her. Oh, the horror! I'd have to jump up and grab the bassinet to make sure she was safe, then spend the next hour panicking until she'd awaken to nurse again and the cycle would continue. For hours on end. Weeks on end.

NEVER, EVER AGAIN! Heehee...this time, the baby will be right next to me, safe in his/her cozy sleeper and I won't have to panic, just look over and *poof* DBT's gone.

I'm going back to registering now. I'm glad that some of you have found this new place! I deleted my old journals so quickly that I'm now regretting it, having lost precious memories along with those posts. This journal will stay open long after I'm done with it, whenever that may be.

Posted by Kier at 12:50 PM |

0 Comments: