Saturday, March 03, 2007
Ugh. That's how I feel at the moment. Trapped in a germy home that smells like poop and puke. (Okay, not really. It smells like vanilla cake thanks to a yummy candle and lots of airing out. But in my own warped mind I can still smell the various fluids that have been expelled by my lovely little girl in the past three days).

After Jae went to work last night Emma and I...um...hold on a minute. I can't even remember what the hell we did for three hours. Oh, right, we took a tubby and she fell asleep in my arms before 8pm. For the first. time. ever! I stupidly put some milk in a bottle just in case of an emergency (baby wakes up at 2 am wanting milk and I don't have the energy to rock her to sleep instead) and left it on her dresser instead of putting it in the kitchen. As soon as I wasdone filling up the bottle I said to myself "Idiot! You don't give a kid milk when she has the flu!" and put the bottle aside.

When Emma woke up at around 2:30am Jared went to get her back to sleep and he gave her the milk. The damn milk! No milk when the baby has the flu!!! He wasn't thinking; he'd only slept about three hours the night before. I bet you can guess what happened next:

3am, baby crying. I go to get her and she's tossing and turning and really agitated. We bring her to bed with us but she can't get comfy. Jared gets up to get some water and BLAAAAAAHHHH - curdled milk puke aaaaaaalllll over her, me, and the only clean and dry blankets left in the entire house. OH. MY. GOD.

And since I have no more energy to write....part II coming later.

Posted by Kier at 2:53 PM |

1 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger KMB25 said........
Oh no!!! I'm cringing at reading part 1....I hope she's feeling better soon! (And I hope you can finally get some sleep!)