Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Yesterday I was hit by the same virus that Emma had. I spent the entire night hanging over the toilet or crouched on it moaning, praying that Em would just GO TO SLEEP! To top it off our neighbors were extremely rude and loud, so at one point I ended up shouting "Will you people shut up already?!?!" at the top of my lungs and then collapsing into sobs on the couch. It wasn't pretty, but hey - I was a mess of puke and other stuff and my babe would just not sleep (thanks to the loud old ladies downstairs who are both deaf and watch TV on the highest volume every night from 8-10pm, keeping Emma awake).

Anyway, last night was misreble. I got up about twice an hour, every hour, until 7am to go to the bathroom and spent most of my time in there quietly crying. Yes, it was one of those horrible stomach viruses, the kind that leave you huddled up and wanting your mommy. Jared finally returned from work at 1:15am and tried to take care of me, but I was so misreble I couldn't even respond to him. Emma woke up at 7 am and I had only gotten about 2 or 3 hours of sleep. I watched Buffy (a guity pleasure!) and it put me back to sleep until almost 10am. The rest of the day was spent in agony because for some reason every time I get a stomach virus/flu I shake uncontrollably and my back/spine/ribs hurt like madness the next day. I'm not sure if that's actually the reason why they hurt, but I have no clue what else could be causing this! I had to sit up straight to not be in pain, and even now I'm avoiding laying down in bed because it just hurts too much.

Okay, I'm going to be creative and prop myself up with pillows because I can't stay awake any longer. Cross your fingers I never get sick like this again.

Posted by Kier at 9:21 PM |

0 Comments: